This month’s MCU Monday playlist comes from indie-electro darling Monogem. Fronted by Jen Hirsh, Monogem is a collaboration with songwriter/producer Scott Smith. The duo has been gaining momentum since the debut of “Wait and See,” and has recently released, “The Glow,” the newest track from the upcoming self titled EP, due on February 3, 2015.
Find out what songs have left a lasting impact on Monogem and subscribe to the playlist here on Spotify.
- James Blake – “Retrograde” — whenever I want to exercise my brain, musically, I just put this song on. That vocal lick gets me going EVERY time.
- Tei Shi – “Bassically” — sexy as fuck.
- IYES – “Glow” — I was turned onto this song by Spotify, I absolutely love the performances from both singers. Such strong vocals.
- Radiohead – “Lotus Flower” — I love Thom Yorke so much, whenever I feel the need to reach out for some performance inspo I watch this video in particular.
- Disclosure – “Help Me Lose My Mind” — I’m clearly a sucker for an amazing vocal performance. Hannah Reid from London Grammar SLAYS this one.
- Blood Orange – “Chamakay” — I love this song purely because it’s so different.
- Twin Shadow – “Turn Me Up” — The mix of soft and hard in this song is brilliant. I also love Twin Shadow’s lyrics, they are always honest.
- Holy Ghost! – “Okay” — I will put this song on whenever it’s party time. Even though it’s a fairly new release, it brings me back to this one summer that I will never forget. The most drugs and dancing.
- Washed Out – “Feel It All Around” — This song never fails me, I bought this record on vinyl and it sounds sooo good. I listen to the vinyl a good amount when it’s time to chill the fuck out.
- LCD Soundsystem – “Time To Get Away” — For a walk down memory lane… I have the most vivid memory of my 21st Birthday, a silly LA nightclub outing, and a limo full of friends.